Monday, October 31, 2011

Home Stretch

If you had asked me a few month ago how pregnancy was going, I might have told you it was going very slowly, and it felt like this little guy growing in my tummy would never get here. Today, however, I am 30 weeks and 1 day! I am astonished at how quickly these past several month have flown by. I am now at the point of panic, when I realize this baby could literally come at ANY time (hopefully he keeps baking for about another 8 to 10 weeks). I believe I understand where the urge to "nest" comes from. For me, it's in the panicked state of realizing our home is not "baby-ready" and knowing that I need to hurry to get everything perfect for our little one's arrival. I look around and see clutter, dust, and the lack of a finished nursery. These things are putting me into a state of frenzy.

Up until this point I rarely felt up to the task of getting the baby's things in order, or getting his room ready for all of his belongings. But now I am realizing I have stuff with nowhere to put it! I know it will all get done eventually, but I can't help feeling as though it needs to be completed sooner rather than later.

As I look ahead to the coming weeks, I am thoroughly looking forward to getting closer to meeting our little guy face to face. I never understood the love people talked about that was between a mother and her child until these past 30 weeks. It is amazing how overwhelming of a love it truly is - and I can only imagine how much more overwhelming it will be when I hold my son in my arms for the first time.

I feel so blessed to be given such a miracle. And I feel equally as blessed to be able to share this miracle with the man God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment