Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hopelessly, Ridiculously, Passionately....

I have recently started reading "No Compromise" by Melody Green, the story of Keith Green's life journey. It has gotten me thinking about what is really important in life. Granted, I am still in the beginning of the book where Keith is still searching for answers to his spiritual longings. But something about his life not long before he died is what keeps sticking out to me. I didn't know the man personally, but I know his music. So much of his heart is in the lyrics to his songs. Never have I been so convicted while listening to music as I have while listening to any one of the songs written by Keith Green. He was a man very obviously longing after God's own heart, and very obviously distressed with the Christian world around him. And rightly so.

As I continue to find myself being distressed with things I see in this world also, I pray that distress never goes away. The moment I find myself being okay with everything I see going on around me is the moment I have forgotten everything that is of importance in life. I don't want to be the majority. I want to stand out. I want to be hopelessly, ridiculously, and passionately in love with the man who is God, Jesus Christ. My hope is for everyone else in this world to find that same hopeless, ridiculous, passionate love, with the man who is God, as well. If only they could experience Him the way He intended them to.

No comments:

Post a Comment