Friday, September 24, 2010

Handwritten Instructions

Recently I have found myself feeling down in the dumps about my life. Not my life as a whole, simply my life in the future. Mainly because I have no idea in which direction I should head. I know I need to go back to school... but for what?! I have no idea what my passion is in life. Most people have a desire to want to have a certain career, or to be something "when they grow up"; yet I find myself being left out of that crowd. I am walking down a street which seems to never come into contact with any side streets; therefore, I just keep going, wishing and hoping I would come across a street that looks appealing. For now though, the path is straight ahead, with no end in sight.

I have continued to rack my brain for a possible answer to what sort of job I could see myself thoroughly enjoying. You know, the kind of job people dream to pursue. Unfortunately I am coming up empty-handed. Hopefully one day very soon a box will float down from the sky, one which inside holds a handwritten note from God with a detailed list of instructions for my life. Then, just maybe, I would be able to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment