Saturday, July 23, 2011

Cellphone Fever


Today I went to the Cellphone store to look at my options for my coming upgrade. I have always gotten overwhelmed while browsing the cellphones on display, but it seemed to be worse this time. I noticed that there once was a time when they had a cellphone designed to fit just about any personality. But now it seems they all have one purpose in mind... to be the best selling. I also noticed that while they all seem to be competing with each other, they have also taken on a new appearance. The new fangled "outfits" these phones are wearing no longer appeal to individuals. They instead look like a row of drones. All created for one purpose, all doing the same thing, all looking exactly the same. So how is someone like me, who seeks creativity supposed to pick a new phone when they all appear to be the exact same? I have not quite figured out the answer to this question. However, there is a part of me that wishes I could just go back to the day when things were more simple. All you needed was a call button and an end button. I have a feeling this is not going to happen. Although, I wouldn't mind trying to simplify things.

No comments:

Post a Comment