Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sniffles, giggles, and laughter.

Sniffles, gags, sneezes, and coughs are parading around our house these days.  The newest addition to our family (he's only been with us for 19 weeks and 3 days - or 4 and a half months, whichever you prefer) is the leader of this parade.  I have spent more time checking to see if he is still breathing than I have been anything else.  It's not a fun feeling.  I get so worried that in the middle of the night, his little nose will be stopped up, and he will have so much drainage in his throat that he will get choked and not be able to breathe.

On a lighter note, I am enjoying watching our little one learn new things.  He is becoming a master at holding things with his hands, and reaching out to grab things.  His form of transportation has long been rolling around from place to place.  And we get all the babbles, coos, giggles, and chuckles we could ever ask for.  I love listening to him talk to himself while I'm busy doing something else.  It sure does make this momma's heart swell.

Pretty soon we are going to have to figure out a method of keeping this crazy boy contained in one location.  The more mobile he becomes, the more I realize just how crazy life is going to get once he is 100% mobile!  I guess that's what they make play pens for - to have a safe place to confine your small child to so they aren't getting into everything every five seconds!

I'm just praying for the dogs, and the day they will no longer be able to mind their own business.  The day when their ears and tails become new toys, and they enter into an eternal game of tag, in which they are never "it".  I foresee many pictures, videos, and laughs to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment