Monday, July 19, 2010

A Lot About Love

Love seems to be a huge topic of thought and conversation in my life. Every since I can remember, it has been all I could think about. It doesn't help that my favorite genre of movies is romance, or romantic comedies. There is just a lot of love in life, it is everywhere.
I was deeply saddened, though, today while I watched a movie about a man and a woman who meet each other and decide to get married, all in a days work. This movie made it out to be an adventure. And the actors talked about, "why not get married without really getting to know someone? Half of marriages end up in divorce anyways, right?" I was first saddened to see that they would throw marriage around so flippantly, like it's just something that people do because everyone else is doing it. Throughout the movie they had their fair share of ups and downs, and finding out lies, and feeling the need to seek comfort from someone from the opposite sex whom was not their spouse. It was all so twisted, and just... wrong.
I was hoping for the best with the ending and trying to give it the benefit of the doubt, but I was highly disappointed that in the end, the couple decided to stay divorced, but continue living together and acting as a married couple. They did this because they saw no point in "marriage" when they felt they could have the same relationship, minus the commitment.
It disheartened me so much to know that those who do not have Christ do not even understand the concept of marriage anymore. It has become absolutely meaningless in today's society. Although, it would be very hard for someone who does not know Christ, and does not know why God created marriage in the first place, to understand the point in being legally bound to someone when they can have it all without the legal part. If only we could help them all understand the full meaning of marriage and how God intended it. Maybe, just maybe, it would have more meaning to them.... but I doubt it. Sometimes I wish I could fix the world, but I know I can't. The best I know how to do is just pray for them.
In the mean time, I am enjoying learning how to love Ryan the right way. I am loving serving him out of Godly submission. It changes one's whole perspective on cooking and cleaning when we understand how to submit the way God meant it, and then how to recieve the love that the husband is called by God to give in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment