Friday, August 6, 2010

Something's Missing

Something is undoubtedly missing in my life today, and that is my husband. Ryan in currently with the middle schoolers on their summer mission trip. This is the first time since we've been married that we have actually been away from each other. Youth camp didn't really count because we saw each other most of the day, we just slept in separate cabins. This is different, I didn't get to say goodnight last night, I didn't get a "good morning beautiful" this morning, I didn't get to kiss him goodbye as he left for work, I didn't get to welcome him home again with a hug, and I am about to go to bed without a goodnight, yet again. This sinking feeling in my stomach and aching in my heart is pitiful. I was not expecting this time apart from each other to affect me so deeply. If I can keep from it, I will be avoiding any further separations in the future.

It is wonderful to have a love so strong, that it kills you to be away from it for any length of time. If only we could all say that we felt that way about Christ - that we would have a deep ache in our hearts whenever we cannot spend time with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment