Monday, April 18, 2011

First "Extreme" Coupon Experience


Today I made my first attempt at Extreme Couponing! I will have to say, I will need a lot of practice! I did not do as well as I had hoped, but I did do well enough to keep me motivated!

Yesterday I went and bought TWO Sunday papers, took out all the coupons, and put them into three main categories: "Health & Beauty," "Paper Goods & Household," and "Food & Dog." According to what I have heard, I need to wait about five weeks before I touch the coupons, BUT I got a little excited and tried to find a couple of deals to start me off.

I started with two items from Publix.
Ritz Crackerfuls
Publix had them on sale BOGO
I then added (2) Manufacturer coupons each for $1 off. I was able to apply one coupon for each box. Lucky for me, the second box was already free, making the second coupon go towards the price of the first box!
Retail: (2) Crackerfuls = $3.49 ea. ($6.98)
Publix Promotion: BOGO = (2) Crackerfuls @ $3.49
(2) MFR Coupons, $1 off ea. = $2 off total
Out of Pocket (OOP): $1.49 for (2) Crackerfuls = $0.75 ea.

Same process for Orville Redenbocker Popcorn
(2) Orville Redenbocker =$9.78
Publix Promotion: BOGO. Leaving total @ (2) Orville Redenbocker for $4.89
(2) MFR Coupons, ea. coupon for $0.55 off one box. =$1.10 off total
OOP: $3.79 for (2) Orville Redenbocker = $1.90 ea.

Total OOP spent: $5.28
Total savings: $11.48 !!

Sorry if that was confusing, but basically the crackers and the popcorn were already Buy One Get One (BOGO), and I had one coupon per item purchased (totaling 4 coupons), meaning I was putting TWO coupons towards ONE item, since the second item is already free. Meaning, more savings for me!!

Until next time! Happy Saving! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment