Monday, April 18, 2011

Couponing: Round 2 for the day = Improvement!


So, as some of you may have read, earlier this morning I had my first couponing outing at Publix, and did decently well for my first time. However, I was not fully satisfied with my outcome. I was happy, yes, but not fully satisfied. I felt I could do better... and I DID!

First of all, everyone needs to go to CVS and get an "extra care" card. It's sort of like getting free money. That's the only way I know how to explain it.

With my ECB card (extra care bucks card) I started out saving a little on two bottles of Nivea body wash, and a gallon of milk.
Nivea (with card) was $3.88 per bottle.
The milk was $3.19

I had (2) $3.00 coupons for Nivea Body wash
OOP: 2.35 for (2) Nivea Bodywash, after tax. ($1.16 each after tax)

I had (1) $1.00 coupon for the milk.
OOP: $1.19 (I am assuming the rest of the money deducted from the price of the milk came from the ECB card.... but the receipt is confusing to me, and I can't figure it out.)

At Publix I bought (2) 4-packs of YoPlus Yogurt $2.00 each.
Publix already had them on sale, BOGO
I then used (2) $1.00 coupons, (1) toward each 4-pack and VIOLA!
OOP: FREE!!!

Grocery List:
1 Gallon of Milk
2 Nivea Body Wash 16.9oz
2 4-pack YoPlus Yogurt
Total: $3.54

No comments:

Post a Comment